Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM®)
The Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM®) is an advanced, internationally recognized education programme for experienced professionals in the wealth management industry. It is set at post graduate level with a strong practical focus.
What makes the CIWM® so unique?
The CIWM® training program
- ensures an in-depth knowledge of international wealth management and tax planning that reflects the cross-border connections and investment of today’s wealth owners
- teaches sophisticated techniques to assess a client’s overall financial situation and risks
- takes a holistic approach to a customer’s financial and personal situation (accounts, tax, cash flow, portfolio, real estate, family etc.)
- focuses on the psychological factors influencing the customer and the advisor (behavioural finance)
- considers the relationship between the advisor and the customer (relationship management)
- provides access to a Portfolio management simulator – excellent learning results are ensured due to this practical tool
- has a truly international focus
- is taught by academics and business experts who are renowned and recognized specialists in their chosen fields
The CIWM Examination is composed of 2 papers:
Paper 1 (120 minutes): Wealth Management
Paper 2 (120 minutes): Financial Assets & Taxation of Financial Products
The CIWM® materials are available on the learning platform in English and the examinations provided in English and are Examined each March and November. The upcoming exam dates are:
Candidates with any of the following certifications can pursue CIWM
1) Investment Advisor Level 1 & Level 2- offered by National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM)
2) Certified Financial Planner (CFP)- offered by Financial Planning Standards Board India (FPSBI)
3) Certified Private Banking Manager (CPBM)- offered by Association of International Wealth Management of India (AIWMI)
4) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)- offered by CFA Institute
CIWM Study Material
Candidates will be given access to the course manual via the Study Platform Online Tool (SPOT) after they have successfully enrolled for the CIWM® Examination: The learning materials are written in English and have both practical and theoretical sections. Carefully designed to accompany the course, they guarantee you the best possible learning support.
Candidates will be given access to the course manual (of which depends on which examination paper(s) of the CIWM® Final/Foundation Examination they have enrolled for) via the Study Platform Online Tool (SPOT) after they have successfully enrolled for the CIWM® Final/Foundation Examination: The learning materials are written in English and have both practical and theoretical sections. Carefully designed to accompany the course, they guarantee you the best possible learning support.
AIWMI offers the CIWM® examination at select centers across India. Candidates should check the availability of exam center with AIWMI before paying exam fees.
|Fee (GST Inclusive)||Regular Mode|
|Registration Fee – 5 yr Validity||Rs. 29,500|
|Exams Fee – Paper 1 (Per attempt)||Rs. 17,700|
|Exams Fee – Paper 2 (Per attempt)||Rs.17,700|