Certificate in Fixed-Income Investing (FII)
Fixed income is generally considered to be a more conservative investment than stocks, but bonds and other fixed income investments still carry a variety of risks that investors need to be aware of.
The Certificate in Fixed-Income Investing (FII) provides the practical tools and latest knowledge to excel in this dynamic field. With its emphasis on developing practical skills for trading, investment and risk management, this certification program will give candidates the skills to compete in the global markets.
Candidates will not only get to develop a complete set of desk-ready skills for fixed income market participants but will also learn how to determine fair values, yields and risk measures for a wide variety of instruments including government bonds, corporate bonds, mortgage securities and fixed income derivatives.
FII is a career-enhancing credential that is appropriate for professionals and support staff responsible for management or oversight of short duration fixed income portfolios and cash equivalents. FII holders may work on either the buying side or selling sides of their industry.
This certificate is ideally suited to those who need to examine, analyze, and value a wide array of fixed-income instruments, including bonds, bonds subject to credit risk, swaps, and interest rate derivatives. It is intended for those who already have a background in portfolio management.
- Concepts of Fixed-Income Investing
- Fixed-Income Instruments and Return Computation
- Key Risks in Fixed-Income Investing and Mitigation
- Credit Rating – Concepts and Application
- Market Structure in India
- Fixed Income Portfolio Management Concepts
- Fixed-Income Mutual Funds – Concepts and Fund Categories
- Key SEBI Rules & Regulations for Fixed-Income Mutual Funds
- Taxation of Bonds and Mutual Funds
- Fixed-Income Investment Vehicles and Comparison
- The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities by Frank J. Fabozzi
- Fixed Income Markets in India by Joydeep Sen
- Fixed Income Analysis by Barbara S. Petitt, Cfa, Wendy L Pirie, and Jerald E. Pinto
You can find the upcoming training schedule for FII program here
AIWMI is offering the FII examination on an external, remote-proctored platform. Candidates can schedule an exam by paying the exam fee. Once the exam fee payment is done and exam registration is confirmed, the exam platform sends out the exam link by email to the candidates. Candidates can appear for the exam anytime any day within the next 1 year through this exam link from any place. Candidates need a good internet connection and a functional camera on their PC/ Laptop to appear for this exam.
FII EXAM STRUCTURE
|Sr. No.||Name of Module||Type of Questions||Test Duration||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks (%)||Negative Marking|
|1||Fixed-Income Investing (FII)||1 Mark MCQ – 40
2 Mark MCQ-30
|2 Hrs||70||100||50||Negative marking will be applicable from 1st January 2022|
FII FEE STRUCTURE
Registration Fee for FII Program is as given below:
|Fee||Regular Mode||Self Study Mode||Exam Mode|
|Inclusions||1. Session notes
2. Live online tutorials
3. Past tutorial session recordings
4. Guest sessions by Thought Leaders
5. Mock test
6. Instructional PPTs
7. Refresher tutorials (3 sessions)
8. Exqualifi Membership- 1 Year
9. Complimentary pass to all AIWMI virtual conferences for 1 year
|1. All tutorial session recordings
2. Session notes
4. Refresher sessions (3 sessions)
|1. Exam fee for one attempt|