Certificate in Fixed-Income Investing (FII)
Fixed income is generally considered to be a more conservative investment than stocks, but bonds and other fixed income investments still carry a variety of risks that investors need to be aware of.
The Certificate in Fixed-Income Investing (FII) provides the practical tools and latest knowledge to excel in this dynamic field. With its emphasis on developing practical skills for trading, investment and risk management, this certification program will give candidates the skills to compete in the global markets.
Candidates will not only get to develop a complete set of desk-ready skills for fixed income market participants but will also learn how to determine fair values, yields and risk measures for a wide variety of instruments including government bonds, corporate bonds, mortgage securities and fixed income derivatives.
FII is a career-enhancing credential that is appropriate for professionals and support staff responsible for management or oversight of short duration fixed income portfolios and cash equivalents. FII holders may work on either the buying side or selling sides of their industry.
This certificate is ideally suited to those who need to examine, analyze, and value a wide array of fixed-income instruments, including bonds, bonds subject to credit risk, swaps, and interest rate derivatives. It is intended for those who already have a background in portfolio management.
- Concepts of Fixed-Income Investing
- Fixed-Income Instruments and Return Computation
- Key Risks in Fixed-Income Investing and Mitigation
- Credit Rating – Concepts and Application
- Market Structure in India
- Fixed Income Portfolio Management Concepts
- Fixed-Income Mutual Funds – Concepts and Fund Categories
- Key SEBI Rules & Regulations for Fixed-Income Mutual Funds
- Taxation of Bonds and Mutual Funds
- Fixed-Income Investment Vehicles and Comparison
- The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities by Frank J. Fabozzi
- Fixed Income Markets in India by Joydeep Sen
- Fixed Income Analysis by Barbara S. Petitt, Cfa, Wendy L Pirie, and Jerald E. Pinto
FII exam is conducted on the AIWMI assessment platform on the last Sunday of every month.
FII EXAM STRUCTURE
|Sr. No.||Name of Module||Type of Questions||Test Duration in minutes||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks (%)||Negative Marking|
|1||Certificate in Fixed-Income Investing (FII)||1 Mark MCQ – 120||180||120||120||50||No|
FII FEE STRUCTURE
Registration Fee for FII Program is as given below:
|Details||Fee (GST Inclusive)|
|Registration Fee – (5 Years validity)||Rs. 11,800|
|Exam Fee – Per attempt * – India Candidates||Rs. 3,540
|Exam Fee – Per attempt * – Outside India Candidates||Rs. 7,080|