Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM)
The Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) is an advanced, internationally recognized education programme for experienced professionals in the wealth management industry. It is set at post graduate level with a strong practical focus.
What makes the CIWM so unique?
The CIWM training program
- ensures an in-depth knowledge of international wealth management and tax planning that reflects the cross-border connections and investment of today’s wealth owners
- teaches sophisticated techniques to assess a client’s overall financial situation and risks
- takes a holistic approach to a customer’s financial and personal situation (accounts, tax, cash flow, portfolio, real estate, family etc.)
- focuses on the psychological factors influencing the customer and the advisor (behavioural finance)
- considers the relationship between the advisor and the customer (relationship management)
- provides access to a Portfolio management simulator – excellent learning results are ensured due to this practical tool
- has a truly international focus
- is taught by academics and business experts who are renowned and recognized specialists in their chosen fields
There are 2 routes to pursue CIWM certification program:
1. Regular Mode
Candidate needs to appear for all the 5 exams (Foundation, Final & National Level)
- Minimum Relevant Work Experience: N/A
- Minimum Qualification: Graduation (in any discipline)
2. Expert Mode
Candidates needs to appear only for 2 exams (Final Level)
- Minimum Relevant Work experience: 3 years
- Minimum Qualification: MBA/ CFA/CFP/ FRM/ CIIA
1) Foundation Level
The Foundation Examination is composed of 2 papers:
1 x 90 minute MCQ examination covering entire course (Wealth Management, Financial Instruments, International Tax)
1 x 150 minute Case study examination covering entire course (Wealth Management, Financial Instruments, International Tax)
Course materials are on the platform in English. Examinations are provided in English and are held each June and November. The upcoming exam dates can be found here.
2) Final Level
The Final Examination is composed of 2 papers:
- Paper 1 (120 minutes): Wealth Management
- Paper 2 (120 minutes): Real Estate, Behavioral Finance, Relationship Management
The CIWM materials are available on the learning platform in English and the examinations provided in English and are Examined each March and November. The upcoming exam dates can be found here.
National Exam (India):
The National Examination is composed of 2 paper:
- NISM Series X-A: Investment Advisor Level 1 (120 mins)
- NISM Series X-A: Investment Advisor Level 2 (120 mins)
Candidates will be given access to the course manual (of which depends on which examination paper(s) of the CIWM Final/Foundation Examination they have enrolled for) via the Study Platform Online Tool (SPOT) after they have successfully enrolled for the CIWM Final/Foundation Examination: The learning materials are written in English and have both practical and theoretical sections. Carefully designed to accompany the course, they guarantee you the best possible learning support.
AIWMI offers the CIWM examination at selected centers in India. Candidates should check the availability of exam center with AIWMI before paying exam fees.
|Fee (GST Inclusive)||Regular Mode||Expert Mode|
|Registration Fee – 5yr Validity||INR 29,500||INR 29,500|
|Exams Fee – Foundation Paper 1 – Per attempt||INR 17,700||Nil|
|Exams Fee – Foundation Paper 2 – Per attempt||INR 17,700||Nil|
|Exams Fee – Final Paper 1 – Per attempt||INR 17,700||INR 17,700|
|Exams Fee – Final Paper 2 – Per attempt||INR 17,700||INR 17,700|